Saturday, August 16, 2008

Our First Major Accident

Except for the whole premature experience, we have not had any major bumps or bruises. Until now. Thursday night marks the date. Kohen was in the bathtub waiting on me to get him out. He was standing up holding onto the side, I reached to get the towel and his feet slid out from under him. His chin hit the side of the bathtub, then his TEETH. He fell over and his eye hit the faucet. Blood went everywhere!!!! I saw his front teeth hit the side of the tub so I knew the blood was coming from his mouth. Much to my amazement I did not panic. I grabbed him and the washcloth. When I finally go him to stop crying I could see his front tooth was about 1/3 gone. I still am not sure where the blood was coming from. He would not let me look. His eye was already starting to swell. (Remember that I am home by myself!!!!!) I called Dr. Stewart. He told me to look to see if the nerve of the tooth was exposed. Thankfully it wasn't. Kohen was acting like his normal self. He even drank some cold milk. I gave him some Tylenol to help him sleep and he did great. Yesterday his eye was purple but nothing else seemed to bother him. We will see a pedodontist next week to look at his tooth. It is really sharp. It chipped diagonally, not straight across. I called mom to come over. She assured me this is the first of many falls and accidents!! Hopefully no more teeth accidents!!!

The flash on my camera quit working so I had to send it back to the manufacturer. Shannon is going to bring hers over today to get a picture of Kohen's tooth.

6 comments:

Beth and Kevin said...

Poor thing!!! And poor you!! I bet it hurt you just as much as it did him!! Glad to hear he's feeling better!

amber leann said...

Bless his heart! Your mom is right though, it will be the first of many. Boys just tend to have tons of accidents. Kylan had his first set of stitches at 11 months, and then another set at 3 yrs. old. Thankfully, none for Jace YET! Hope it all goes well with his tooth appt.

Shea said...

Poor things (you as much as him, I'm sure). I'm proud of you for staying calm! I'm sure that helped Kohen handle it better.

Unknown said...

Accept for the fact that he wouldn't let us take a good picture

Beth said...

Hey Laura, I hope Kohen is doing better. It is really scary anytime they have an accident like that. We've had our fair share between the three of them!

Beth and Kevin said...

How's he doing now? Haven't heard from you guys in while - call me sometime when you're in town!