Thursday, April 2, 2009

What a Day...

In a nutshell....nightmare!! Sparing all the details, Kohen did not have the swallow study done. He did not let the dr look at his throat.He did not let the dr look at his ears (willingly.) He did not let them weigh him. He did not, he did not, he did not.....I will say that he was absolutely terrified when I put him in the chair to have the swallow study done. For those of you who are moms out there, it was one of those moments where he grabbed my neck and was not letting go. He grabbed whatever he could, hair, my HEAVY lead apron, my mom, anything to not have to sit in the chair. I was able to spoon feed him some of the barium but he aspirated every time so we had to quit. After seeing the doctor he decided to wait 4 more months, have another swallow study done and go from there. He is really leaning toward exploratory surgery because he thinks there is something physically wrong. We just wont think about that now. So it is back to the Simply Thick and Prevacid!!! I'll take that rather than the alternative at this point. Thanks for thinking about us and all the calls.

4 comments:

Beth and Kevin said...

Oh Laura, I am so sorry! I know how hard it is to have to hold your child down at the doctors office - TERRIBLE!! Maybe next time he'll be a little more cooperative and the situation will have resolved itself. Keeping you guys in my prayers.

Shea said...

Laura, We're praying for you, Brandon, and Kohen. I can only imagine how hard this is on you. It will get better...I'm sure of it!

The Haynes said...

Laura, I am so sorry to hear that Kohen was not able to take the barium. I can not even imagine how difficult it is for you guys and for him. Hopefully one day in the near future he will be able to sit in the chair and you will see no sign of aspiration. We will keep you guys in our prayers.

amber leann said...

We are praying for you guys too! I can't imagine going through what you go through. It will be fine in the end, I'm sure of it!