Saturday, July 10, 2010

Up and Running


For the fourth of July, Brandon, Kohen and I along with E, Ka Ka and Sam went to the redbirds game to see the fireworks! It was a great fireworks show. I was really impressed. The boys were so good even when we had to sit in the parking garage for an hour!







Some of the fireworks were a bit loud!


When the fireworks first started Kohen said, "Look Sam!" I didnt have time to raise my flash. Iwanted his initial reaction.

Moms 60th birthday. Shannon made this cake and it rode all the way to the river. Still looks pretty good to have gone that far in the heat.



It was way to hot outside so we were "farming" inside!


As I mentioned before, Kohen loves horses. One of our friends so kindly told us to come out and ride her son's first pony. It was the smallest pony I have ever seen. Kohen loved it. We forgot to take the pony saddle so he had to ride bareback. Next time we will remember it. He loved it!

Early in June, Kelly and I took the boys to the Paragould water park. We almost didn't go because it was cloudy but I am so glad we did. It turned out to be a great day and it wasn't that crowded. Kohen and Sam were both so good. We had a great time.

Sam loved some Pringles!


These pictures are all in reverse order but oh well! For about a month my computer has been acting up. It was running really slow so I defraged it myself but that didn't help. Well, last week, it crashed. I couldn't do anything. I kept saying I had a virus and was infected. All these crazy things were popping up even when we were not using it. I took it to the computer doctor and just got it back yesterday afternoon. It is super fast and working great.
Kohen took swimming lessons from Ms. Jeanine Brawner and did great but got tired of it. He took 5 lessons and by the 4th one he was crying to get out. He can tread water and doesnt have a fit when water gets in his face anymore, so I consider that a success! Brandon wanted him to have more because Kohen has no fear of the water whatsoever, but this is how the conversation went:
Me: "Kohen, we are going to go swim with Ms. Jean some more tomorrow." (He calls her Ms. Jean)
Kohen: "I dont need to swim with her anymore, Ms Jean already taught me how to swim!"
Therefore, instead of pushing it we decided to wait until next summer for more lessons!
Our summer has been fun and busy but that's how we like it.
Kohen had a check up with Dr Sneed last Friday. Everything was great. Here are his stats:
*38lbs~91%
*? inches~87%
size 11 shoe (Yes, that is not a typo!)
Speech is great. Will not have to go to speech therapy much longer.
Have an appt with orthopedic doctor to check out feet then maybe can d/c physical therapy.
Dr. Sneed couldnt believe how cooperative Kohen was. She messed with him for about an hour and he was great. I told her it had something to do with the fact that he gets to go to the pet store if he is good!! It worked. Now next time may not be so good, but we will cross that bridge when it gets here! Hope everyone has had a good summer.

1 comment:

amber leann said...

Jace had to have his AUnt Andee cover his ears when watching fireworks! Love all the new pics!