Monday, July 26, 2010

Vacation


The Nature Center


I have no idea why this picture is sideways! Kohen wanted his picture taken with the big bear!

Brandon got to go with us to the Nature Center late one afternoon. I think he enjoyed it as much as Kohen did! He had to read EVERY SINGLE THING! It was driving Kohen and I crazy!

Check out the baby alligator looking at them.

Kelly and I took the boys to the Botanical Gardens in Memphis. There is a section called My Big Backyard. It is designated just for kids. It was really cool! There was this HUGE treehouse that you could slide down and wander through, plus all this educational stuff about bird eggs and bird nest that the boys cared absolutely nothing about! But, they had fun even though it was a million degrees outside. Kelly and I were melting! I will definitely go back when it is cooler. There was a lot I wanted to see but it was way to hot and a lot of walking! Next stop=McDonalds!


Tic Tak Toe out of wood!


Some of the tree houses the boys played it. There was a really neat swing that Kohen and I were swinging in when the sprinkler system came on and sprayed Kohen right in the bottom!


How cool is this. It was a sofa and chair made out of moss!!

Sam playing in the water!

The water garden.

Mom, Shannon and I went to Cats Saturday afternoon. Mom and I had never seen it before but Shannon has seen it three other times. She got front row ticket for us for my birthday and moms mothers day. I loved it. Hayden took this picture so it is not the best!

Inside the orpheum



This past week our office was closed so I was on vacation the entire week. It is not exactly the right time of the year for me to take vacation but since the office was closed I made the best of it. I will just take another vacation in the winter when Brandon is not busy and can go somewhere. We tried to do some fun stuff during the week but it turned out to be the hottest week ever!!! It was really nice to be able to get up when we wanted and not be in a hurry to go somewhere. On Sunday we went to Rose Jackson's first birthday party. She is such a sweet little thing. I will have to steal some pictures from Becca because I forgot my camera! Thanks for the invite Becca, we had a great time and Kohen got to see Soloman! The last picture is what we did a lot of....playing at home. We swam, went to therapy and the pet store (aka PetCo), weeded the flower beds, and lots of games inside! I feel good knowing that my laundry is done and ironed, my house is clean, and I dont have to unpack anything. Ready to start another week.

No comments: