Monday, August 16, 2010

Weekend at the River



Kohen laying down in the boat!


Trying to take over the motor home!!!

Swimming at Blanchard Springs!

Brandon and I knew this would be our last weekend to do something because he will start harvest this week. We took the opportunity to go to the river one more time. We both LOVE to fish and just love the atmosphere up there. We just relax the whole time. This time we really did. We got there Friday afternoon with the intentions of staying in Mr. Norman and Ms. Sue's motor home that they have parked right on the river. This is the same motor home that I stayed in while Kohen was in the hospital. It is really nice and big, so we thought. When I stayed in it, I had plenty of room and was perfectly comfortable. Add a 3 year old and things change! Kohen pressed every button he could find. He found buttons I didn't know existed and I lived in the thing for 8 weeks!!!! He tried to drive it, start it, almost locked us out, it was non stop. Brandon and I were constantly saying, "Dont touch that!" Kohen and I went to bed around 9 while Brandon (who doesnt sleep) stayed up and watched tv. Every time Brandon moved, he shook the motor home and Kohen woke up. At 1:30am I was still awake! I think I finally went to sleep at 3 when Brandon did. The next morning we got up at went fishing. We caught lots of fish and Kohen did great in the boat! When we got back around mid morning, we decided to check into this cabin that was right beside the motor home. Lo and behold it was empty!!! Needless to say, we moved in. I know Mr. Norman and Ms. Sue would not have cared one bit what Kohen did to the motor home, but I was a nervous wreck!!!! We really appreciate them letting us stay! We relaxed much better in the cabin and there was a deck that went right out to the river so Kohen was in heaven! We really had a great weekend. Now we're ready for harvest! Let's cut some rice!

No comments: